Wednesday, April 19, 2006

A Poll on Training

The last post looked at training for translators. I've now created a poll so we can see what kind of training various translators have. Please answer the poll and ask your translator colleagues to do so, too, so we can get as large a sample as possible. The results will be interesting, and the next step will be to find out whether and how your training helped you in your career as a translator.


How did you train to become a translator?
I attended a translation program.
I took one course in translation.
I specialized in another field, such as law, and then transferred my skills to translation.
I attended a language program.
I have some other sort of applicable training.
I worked with/for another translator first.
I work as a translator, but I have no specific training.
Other.
Free polls from Pollhost.com

No comments: