Saturday, January 01, 2011

Happy New Year

Happy new year! What are your translation goals for the upcoming year?

There is a wonderful Swedish novel that I think deserves to be published in English. I am working on translating an excerpt from it and I hope to see the excerpt published by the autumn. I also hope to work with the author on finding a publisher in the UK or the US, using this excerpt.

Anyone else?


Judy Jenner and Dagmar Jenner said...

I'd say one of our main goals is to try to squeeze in a one-weekend-a-month-without-computer. We really love what we do, but we are not always very good at completely getting away from it all -- even when we are traveling the world.

In addition, we want to invest even more time into mentoring your translators. :)We think it's fab that you are helping get more literature translated into English -- much needed!

B.J. Epstein said...

That's definitely a worthy goal. Breaks help us work better, I've found!

Best wishes,